Monday, October 19, 2015

Dexcom Clarity

On my previous post, I compared the Dexcom G4 and G5. I mentioned how unimpressed I was with the Clarity app that I was told was suppose to be so great.

Not only is the phone app hard to view since it can't be turned to landscape, but the only info I can see is the the "overview" which looks like this:
Other than getting super excited to see that, according to this app, my estimated A1C is a 5.6% (more on that in my next post!) I don't really understand or care much about that graph below. The info provided seems to be very negligible.

But today, I finally went to Clarity.Dexcom.com online.  There's a lot more to see and manipulate when you view it on a computer.  There's also a "user guide" that explains everything. I haven't read through all of that yet, but I get the general idea, because it's pretty user friendly once you just start clicking around.

With Clarity online, I can view all my CGM data, compare blood sugar readings by days and time of day, and I can even set the parameters on that graph pictured above to the numbers of my choosing. Oh... AND, a big bonus, all the graphs are actually large enough on a computer screen that I can see them!

Like I said, I haven't read the user guide, and I have only spent a little time on Clarity online, but it's WAY better than the phone app for me already.  Why they can't just improve the phone app, I don't know. It sure would be a lot more convenient since now I do everything on my phone.  But maybe that's coming down the pipeline.  I suspect it is!

So, if you haven't already, go check it out if you're a Dexcom G5 user.  Clarity.Dexcom.com  You'll be asked for you username and password and then, voila!  You'll have all sorts of numbers and graphs to obsess over- if you're anything like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment